Monday, December 1

Day one..

Rich read *The Elf on the Shelf* to us tonight. What a cute..cute story! We are going to name our elf tomorrow..so the kids are thinking of some cool elf names. We also rented a movie and had popcorn..that was the surprise in the Advent box #1..see #4 photo below.
I had the timer on the camera set..it is funny how Mattie has already figured it out..after it takes our picture Mattie screams outloud..she thinks it is so funny!





**********************************************************

Renee invited us to go ice skating last Wednesday with her church group. Izabelle and Page had too much fun! Izabelle wants to be a figure skater when she grows up. This was her second time on the ice..she can now skate backwards..turn beautifully with both skates aligned one in front of the other..jump..and skate and turn on one foot!





My Advent in a Box..the idea came from Ali Edwards. I messed up #19..I glued the 6 upside- down..so I have to re-do that one..oh well! I will put a prize in each box..like RedBox movie rental and popcorn on Monday's..I get a free code texted to me every Monday. Play a game/board game and drink hot cocoa. Bake cookies. Take a drive to see Christmas lights. Stuff like that. I thought it was a cute idea!




And last..but not least..Andi has given me an award! Thanks girl..I love it!
Now I am to pass this award to 6 other bloggers:
6. Jersey Girl (private)


6 comments:

A.C.T.G.F. said...

LOVE the advent calendar and
the pics!! I am looking for that
book-Elf on the shelf-Do you
think Wal-mart carries it? I am
going there today to do some
Christmas shopping. If not, I will
check Borders.
Love ya,
Auntie Cher Bear

Renee said...

I want the book too!
and um, TAP TAP TAP right back at your sassy self...where's YOUR day one????

Bonnie said...

I love your advent box. What a great idea. And all the family togetherness. The world needs more of that. It's so nice to see families enjoying each others company. Izzy is awesome on those ice skates. My old legs can't do that anymore. I used to love skating when I was growing up.

Jackie said...

Great post !
Love all the pictures !

Love the Bell Meade Plantation. Been there twice in our travels to Nashville.

You should read this blog's post about Elf on the Shelf
http://audreycaroline.blogspot.com/

She has a couple of posts about it & talks about the name she & her family gave to the Elf. Cute.

Hope you're feeling better & getting over the queasiness.

Happy Christmas "preparing & shopping".

Missy Glave said...

Your advent calendar is very creative! I love it!!

Your girls look adorable ice skating ... oh to be young again!

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun! I haven't been ice skating in years.
Not sure that I should try it now. Probably fall on my behind and embarrass myself.
Cute pictures, Mattie looks so cute in that dress.
Love you guys!
Yaya