Saturday, February 24

Abraham Lincoln

Izabelle's {homeschool group} went to see Mr. Abraham Lincoln yesterday..WOW! It was almost like he was alive. What a nice man. He told his story from beginning to end. He does this for a living..after being lead by God to do so. He gives a special message at the end of his presentation..about the importance of God, family and how important education is. He asked the parents to turn the television off for just {5 minutes} at night and have our children read to us..then parents read to the children. Just listening to him speak about how poor his family was and that he had to quit {public} school to help support his family financially {he was actually "homeschooled" later}..made us all realize how much we have to be thankful for!
Tammy took this first picture with her super-duper zoom lense..I gotta get one of those!
Afterwards..Tammy and I headed out to Scrap 'N Memories, 6601 Sugar Valley Drive, Nashville, Tennessee 37211 and Chelle was put in the $50.00 drawing again! Go Chelle!



I got some more l/o's finished! WhoooHoooooo!



2 comments:

Jann Gray said...

Ok...he looks like the "real deal!" Love seeing your layouts...feel like I am in scrap isolation...need a group gathering to feed off of other's creativity. Hope all is going well with your Stampin Up business!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful layouts! You're so good, can't wait to live there so that you can teach me a thing or two.
We will have to go see Abraham Lincoln too.