Tuesday, October 16

Another reason to eat cake!

Today Mattie is 14 months old! Izabelle wanted to celebrate by making a cake:) So she made a white cake and homemade icing (she added a little peppermint extract to the icing)..the idea came from Aunt Cherry (a.k.a. A.C.T.G.F.)..and it is yummo!


Mattie can now climb on top of the coffee table, she loves to shut doors and says "shut", she learned to say "papa" yesterday, Izabelle & I seriously thought that Mattie just said the word "cake", if you think that she has something in her mouth that doesn't belong, you can say "Open up & let me see" and she will open her mouth, stick out her tongue and say "Ahhhhhh", I thought the "binky" was just for play..but Mattie has made it one of her necesseties, she has Richie's curls (very sweet), she loves to stand in front of the freezer/refrigerator while it is open (also likes to pull things out like chocolate syrup), she lives under the kitchen table and has almost mastered the art of not hitting her head, she knows where her hair, nose, eyes & ears are, potty training is going well..when she is wet or stinky..she will bring us a clean pair of panties/diaper so that we can change her..I think this is good..because she obviously is uncomfortable and knows how to fix it:) So I don't think it will be too much longer and she will use her potty 100% of the time:), she knows how to turn the television off and on, she will turn the stove top off while I am cooking, she gets ahold of Richie's shirt collar and pulls him close to her and she plants a big kiss on him..then walks away, like that was all she needed (too cute), at night between 9:30p-? (when Rich gets home) when she hears the key in the doorknob..she gets soooooo excited! She knows it is her daddy coming in. She will stop everything and focus on the front door..her eyes get really big and she forms an O with her mouth..then when he enters..she goes ba-zurk!!







Something I just have to share:
I was recently introduced to a movie called "The Secret"..it is amazing. I own a copy of it..if you wish to borrow it, just let me know..you can also purchase your own copy for $29.95.
Also I have been listening to "The Success Principals" by Jack Canfield (author of: Chicken Soup for the Soul)..and Jim Rohn, this is amazing stuff!
I believe that "The Secret" is such an amazing movie and that everybody could benefit from viewing it..that I am going to have a GIVE-AWAY! The first person to leave a comment that has watched the movie entirely will be the winner:) "What is the prize?" you ask..well, it is a Secret:) But the value of the prize is $50.00 (something that I no longer need or use, from my scrapbook room)
Have a beautiful day!

5 comments:

Chelle said...

What a Cutie!!! Dang I'm intrigued about the giveaway! I've not even heard of the Secret. I guess I'll have to check it out.

Aunt Sue said...

Your girls are totally adorable!! Izabelle is such a good big sister. When my kids were little Uncle Bill would frequently come home with little surprises in his pockets for the kids. They would be all over him when he came in the door after work, wrestle him down and check all of his pockets for their little goodies!! Ahhhh, the memories! Aunt Sue

Jann Gray said...

Oh how wonderful...love all the things that she has learned to do...and I bet that Rich's heart just MELTS when she is so excited to see him.

Good to catch up with you girl...miss you!

Renee said...

I love your update! I bet the people from far away do too. (Hi ACTGF!)

I'd love to borrow the secret. I've heard about it on Oprah and stuff. I think Dana is a big fan of the prinicpal too.

doris sander said...

yay mattie!!! dang she's getting to be all grown up!!! :D