Monday, July 28

Pig-tails

Mattie's hair is getting so long. Yesterday, I was able to pull it up into 2 pig-tails. She looked so grown up!

We ALL went to the Nashville Farmers Market yesterday and then had lunch at Neely's BBQ.
Check out the jalapeno peppers Ya-ya and I bought! She bought 40 peppers and I bought 15. We are having a slumber party at Ya-ya's Saturday night and then a big birthday party on Sunday to celebrate her 60th! We are going to half the peppers and clean out the seeds. Then stuff each side of the pepper with cream cheese..then wrap each half with a 1/2 slice of bacon..close it with tooth picks that have been soaked in water. Then cook them on the grill. yumm..yumm.yumm!

****************************************

Out of 8 children (3 girls & 5 boys)..6 children will be there for Ya-ya's birthday party. Tina flies in on Tuesday, Michele & Tammy on Wednesday, Roger on Thursday..then Rich and Bob will also be attending.

Also my Aunt Susie-Q and Uncle Bill will be here Wednesday evening and stay until Saturday morning. I can't wait until they get here. I am so excited! So if I don't post again for a while..just know that I am taking lots of pictures to share with you soon.





6 comments:

Bonnie said...

Mattie is so adorable with her pigtails. And all that food, you're making me hungry. I don't like jalapenos but the way you are going to prepare them, I might have to try that. Happy Birthday, Ya-Ya! Enjoy many more. And thanks, Jilly, for the lovely comment you left for my mother's birthday. Have a great weekend.

Renee said...

that girl can wear her some upside down sunglasses!

Aunt Sue said...

We always called them 'pugtails' in our family :-}
Mattie's are too cute and I love the color of her shirt - perfect color on her.
I'm packing tonight....see you tomorrow!!
Love, Auntie Sue

Missy Glave said...

Is that Neely's BBQ as in the "Foodnetwork Neely's"? I know they have one restaurant in Memphis ... if it is the same family I didn't realize they had one in Nashville too!! Yet another reason to visit Nashville again.

I have to ask ... do you ever see famous people there? When we visited we saw Alan Jackson driving down the road (it was really him) and we saw Vince Gill returning home from a trip in his yard before he married Amy Grant, when he still lived on the golf course. Tell, tell!

Jill LaFaye said...

Yes. There is a Neely's in Memphis also. We love eating at Neely's. I get the pulled pork nachos..yumm..yumm..yumm!

Ok..on to the famous people.
When we go see the Predators(hockey) play..Vince & Amy are alomst always there..I think they are season ticket holders.

We also saw Nicole Kidman & Keith Urban at the hockey game one night. Rich (my husband) literally ran into Nicole..very embarrassing!

We have seen lots of people at the game..but I can't remember everyone right now..maybe it will come to me later.

My husband is really good buddies with 2 of the current hockey players(Fiddler & Tootoo)..they chit-chat on the phone all the time.

Taylor Swift frequents the Hendersonville Walmart..my FIL sees her on a weekly basis.

When I was single..I had a friend that was best friends with Daryl Worley..we talked on the phone a few times. He also frequents a local Mexican restaurant were we eat..I have seen him several times there.

Let's see here..I have seen Wynonna Judd at the Nashville airport.

Linda Davis (she sang a duet with Reba McEntire.."Does he love you") used to shop at the local flower shop that I used to work.

One time I was in line at the Hardees drive-thru..Tracy Lawrence was in a red Corvette in front of me.

Oh..one more thing I remembered..he is dead now..but..my second cousins husband..was related to Waylon Jennings..when I was younger I thought that was cool.

That's all the good juice I can think of right now:)

Cecile said...

WOW Jilly!
You are just one lucky chick to have met all of those wonderful country entertainers:)) I love country music and a variety of other music too. I have been to Nashville a couple of times and met Terry Clark in a music shop on Music Row and saw Vince Gill,Dolly at the Opry along with some other great people.I love it there:))
I have been to Memphis on vacation one time to Graceland that was nice too:))
Take care.