Wednesday, June 21

Labor Of Love Class

Last night was our first "Labor of Love" class. We mostly got to know eachother(there were a lot of couples)! Our teacher was nurse Kathy RN, the same lady that taught "Just For Me Sibling Class". I really like her. Last night I found out that she has had 7, yes 7 children NATURALLY! I want to be like her...but not have 7 children, maybe 4 or 5. Any hoo..I thought that was just amazing, everyone in the class did also. We did tour the hospital (Centennial Womens), very nice hospital..we will have Mattie at Summit though. We did learn one breathing technique last night..cannot remember the fellas name, but this technique has been around for like 70 years, apparently there aren't any breathing techniques that have been good enough to carry through for that many years. He taught us/moms and dad/coaches to learn to relax the entire body one part at a time until the entire body has no tension at all. Also to go to a place that brings back a nice memory by using a phrase or just a word/color, etc. Guess what color I used(couldn't think of a phrase) Yep! PINK. I will try it more this week for homework and see if I can learn to relax. I remember Dana telling me and Ruth also that they almost slipped into another time/place..during natural childbirth. It was like they were really in their happy place. I want to learn to do that!
Gotta go for now...need to get the house cleaned up! All 3 levels(yuck), way too much housework, but I have Trae & Izabelle to help. I will just hand them their chore list and let 'em rip! My parents(father & stepmother) will be here Thursday evening! I can't wait to see them. They drove from Texas to Michigan for my Uncle's funeral, and will be coming back through to visit us.

1 comment:

Chelle said...

I love what Kelli Crowe said on her blog today and I totally agree.... "I view natural childbirth to mean going without make up"

LOL