
Today..
Stop and consider the true meaning of this holiday.
Memorial Day represents one day of national awareness and reverence, honoring those Americans who died while defending our Nation and its values. While we should honor these heroes everyday for the profound contribution they have made to securing our Nation's freedom, we should honor them especially on Memorial Day.
In this time of unprecedented success and prosperity throughout our land, I ask that all Americans come together to recognize how fortunate we are to live in freedom and to observe a universal "National Moment of Remembrance" on each Memorial Day. This memorial observance represents a simple and unifying way to commemorate our history and honor the struggle to protect our freedoms.
"National Moment of Remembrance" @ 3:00pm
William J. Clinton
May 2, 2000




4 comments:
Being an ex army dude, I am kinda conscious of the meaning of memorial day. My Brother served in the Marine Corp during WWII,and my whole family observes Memorial day, which tradiationally is 05/31.
Thanks for reading my blog and for the nice comment.
Hi Jill. I just wanted to say I absolutely love both your layouts (below). It's hard to believe you took a beginner's class from me! You've come a long way in a couple of years. I've barely gotten anything done in 2008 so don't feel alone. But I'm determined to change that. I'm working on a 20 page Girl Scouts album I'm hoping to knock out this week. Maybe now that school is over, we homeschooling Moms can scrap!!!!
Dearest Jilly & Renee,
I am glad that I was not the only person who thought the Spanish
line was French!!Hee Hee!
With Love,
No longer the dazed & confused Goody Fairy but very
embarassed!!!!!!!!!!!in Warrenton
Love your layouts below Jill! Is that a Prima flower folded in half on the top one? it looks really nice.
Hope your Memorial Day was good.
Post a Comment