Tuesday, February 12

Mount Juliet DQ..famous?

I think so! I must live in the same rose colored world that Renee (the owner of Mount Juliet DQ) does.

Susan Gregg Gilmore..the author of Looking for Salvation at the Dairy Queen, has written a novel inspired by the days when her grandfather used to take her to the Mount Juliet DQ after church on Sundays.



I think this is fabulous! I have such great memories of when I was a child..in West Branch, Michigan..we had a DQ that I could safely ride my bicycle to for either: 1. Cherry Dilly Bar or 2. Cherry Dipped Vanilla Cone. This DQ had a double walk-up window..and when I visted this past summer..they still have the same walk-up window..sweet! Gotta love small towns:)
Another fun memory of DQ in Sonora, Texas..when I was about..9 years old..my family would go to DQ every Sunday afternoon after church to eat lunch. I remember they had these awesome nachos. It was just chips and cheese and jalapenos. But the best chips and cheese. You just can't find that quality anymore. So I am finished rambling about my DQ memories..now you must go and purchase a copy of this book! Then lets talk Renee into starting a book club..we can meet at the Mount Juliet DQ and sit out on the patio and eat ice cream until our hearts are content:)

4 comments:

Julie said...

Your blog is TERRIFIC! I just sent Susan Gregg Gilmore and the head of marketing at DQ International a link to your blog.

If you can, please come meet Susan at Davis-Kidd Bookseller in Green Hills Mall tonight at 6:00 p.m. And, yes, there will be Dilly Bars for all!

Anonymous said...

Love it!!! Let me know if you have a bookclub at the Mount Juliet Dairy Queen. I'll come and help you celebrate!

With a Dilly Bar of course.

Susan Gregg Gilmore

Renee said...

yep! Let's make this happen! OH and excuse me Miss, "my name is Jill and I'm a hoarder", but did I see YOUR name as a ribbon winner on Janet's blog? You AND Jann????
Oh, the injustices! ha

Missy Glave said...

Wow ... how cool is it that Susan Gregg Gilmore visited your blog? Her book sounds interesting ... I'll have to pick up a copy.

We have a DQ two minutes from our house ... I guess (sigh) that we should visit it more often!